Saturday, March 30, 2019

Personality?

 To understand my personality better, I took 5 online tests: Jung Typology Test, All About You: The Big Five Personality Test, The Race Test, The Gender Test, and the Attraction Test.

So.. the Jung Typology Test basically asks a serious of questions in regards to extroversion vs introversion, intuition over sensing, thinking over feeling, and judging over perceiving. My results showed that I was a ENTJ, which I think is absurd because it defies what I see myself as.


I had previously taken a similar version of this test (16personalities) and I got INFJ and more recently ISTJ. I feel like my percentage for each letter is not very extreme, so my results can change based on my mood. I feel like I am definitely not an extrovert, and although 1% extroversion is not a lot, it is certainly more than I usually get, so I was really surprised. Perhaps this test is not as thorough as 16personalities in determining personality.

The All About You: Big Five Personality Test seemed to produce more accurate results. It was similar to the Jung test regarding the type of questions it would ask. It revealed that I had an extroversion of 29, conscientiousness of 58, negative emotionality of 56, agreeableness of 42,  and open-mindedness of 71, which were all out of 100 (0 being least, 100 being most). Although I do agree with me being an introvert, usually my spectrum depends on the situation I'm in and the people I'm with. These tests generally don't take that into account.

The Race Test surprised me too! I found out that I had a moderate automatic preference for African Americans over European Americans. The test made you use two keys (E and I) and made you press E for Af. American and I for Euro. American. Then they changed it to E for Af. American and good words and I for Euro. American for bad words. Then they switched the good and bad and tested you again. I do think this was caused by my mind not being able to cope with switching the keys in the second test and not remembering the new configeration.


The Gender test showed association between women and men with family and career. I got that I slightly associate men with career and women with family. I was slightly shocked by my results since most of my life my mom had been working and my dad was a stay at home dad. Its in a similar style as the Race test with two keys and pressing them for each category. 

And finally, the Attraction Test. I was given several photos of men and asked to rate them by attractiveness. The average rating of attractiveness for all the categories was 50 to give a guideline. So I found the counter-culture (rebelliousness) quality less attractive with a score of 45, seductiveness a 55, cheerfulness a 50, intelligence a 60, and trendy a 70. I was not really shocked at the results because I generally find people with good hygiene attractive and also value intelligence.

You can learn more about the validity of these tests by reading this article: How Accurate Are Personality Tests?

No comments:

Post a Comment