Saturday, April 6, 2019

Personality Disorders

Personality disorders are strangely intriguing. Today, I want to talk about OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, because apparently I have it.

I took a personality disorder quiz and the results say I might have OCD. Now, obviously this quiz is not a licensed medical professional, so I took my results with a grain of salt. However, I realized that I exhibit some OCD related traits.


People with OCD tend to exhibit uncontrollable urges to organize in an effort to satisfy their perfectionism. I am quite a perfectionist but definitely not when it comes to all things. My room is a total mess and the only thing I need organized is my school life. But, people with OCD tend to hold back things to say until they know it is perfect, and I sometimes do that. It doesn't always happen as much now, but when I was in middle school, I didn't talk much due to half social anxiety and half being afraid my words wouldn't make sense. This may not be what a person with OCD experiences, but its somewhat close. People with OCD also have trouble throwing things with no value away, which I also experience. And they tend to save up money in case of future catastrophes, which I... also do. So I don't know. But generally people with obsessive-compulsive order, at least in my mind, organize things until it is somehow perfect in their mind. They turn on and off light switches until it seems correct and can't stand anything messy. I most likely do not have OCD but a very small portion of me may have a slight OCD tendency.

OCD is caused by both genetic and environmental factors; however, doctors are not sure what exactly causes it. Treatment varies from medication to psychotherapy although patients generally use both.

Here's more information on OCD

No comments:

Post a Comment